What to wear and what NOT to wear!
- Try to choose solid colors for your portraits. Avoid large, bold patterns such as plaids and stripes. Remember, bright colors also draw attention away from your face.
- Avoid short sleeves and tank tops. Long sleeves will draw attention away from your arms and helps bring the focus back to your face.
- Our photographer may suggest a full-length pose. Make sure you coordinate portrait clothing from head to toe.
- Darker clothing slims. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green and other jewel-toned colors. Light tones tend to emphasize body size.
- Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces. Turtlenecks or high-necked garments flatter longer necks and slender faces.
- Dress everyone in the same style. Don't mix casual and formal clothing in portraits.
- Light pastel or white clothing looks best against a light-colored or white portrait background.
- Dark clothing looks best against darker backgrounds and creates a more formal mood in portraits.
- Show your style in small accents. Save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like scarves and neckties.